Development Consultants (DC) has always been aware of its responsibilities as a corporate citizen and has tried to do justice to the best of its ability. Its founder, late Dr. S C Dutt was a firm believer in corporate social responsibility and built up his organization as a socially responsible business entity. Ms. Shanta Ghosh, Chairperson of the DC Group, is carrying forward his legacy. The DC Group discharges its social responsibilities directly, as well as through the Economic and Entrepreneurship Development Foundation (EEDF) and the Suresh – Amiya Memorial Trust (SAMT), set up by late Dr. Dutt. Besides regularly contributing to various social and cultural organizations to support their activities.
DC Group has been involved in the following activities:
- A number of reconstruction, beautification and landscaping projects for several prominent landmarks in its home city - Kolkata.
- Architectural and engineering support to the restoration project of Swami Vivekananda’s ancestral house in Kolkata.
- DC has set-up a non-profit hospital - Sri Aurobindo Seva Kendra (SASK), which offers advanced medical facilities charging moderate fees on a graduated scale based on the patient’s family income.
- The management of several Mongrace Montessori House in Kolkata, New Town, Delhi, Santiniketan and Kharagpur in being done by SAMT for imparting Montessori way teaching.
- The late Dr. Dutt created an endowment at the Institute of Technology of Benaras Hindu University, to establish a chair in Environmental Engineering in memory of his parents.
- SAMT is actively engaged in promoting traditional handicrafts through manufacturing units and regular workshops for artisans and entrepreneurs for upgradation of their skills. It also helps them reach a wider market by organizing exhibitions and participating in trade fairs.